Effective: August 26, 2019
Information we collect
We collect and use the following information to provide, maintain, improve and protect our Services:
Account Information: When you create an account we collect personal information such as your name, email address, and payment information. This information is required for us to properly administer your account.
Services: We store, process and transmit your files (i.e. videos) and information related to them (e.g. thumbnails, video collection text, formatting, etc.). This information is fundamental to utilizing the services of MediaZilla, including accessing your content and sharing it with others.
Usage: We may collect information from and about the devices you use to access our Services. This information may include IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited prior to our site, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information.
Cookies: We utilize cookies to provide, improve, protect and promote our Services. For example, cookies are utilized to recall information such as your username for your next visit, understanding how you are interacting with our Services, and improving them based on that information. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use all of our Services.
How we use information we collect
When you contact MediaZilla, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes, policy updates or improvements to our service.
In addition, to provide our services on a global basis, we may store, process and transmit information in locations around the world - including those outside your country. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
How information may be shared with other parties
We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of MediaZilla or our users; or (d) protect MediaZilla's property rights.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Google. Our services provide you with different options for sharing your content.
Reviewing and changing your personal information
To review and make changes to your personal information please access the 'Account Info' section when you are logged into MediaZilla.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
MediaZilla utilizes SSL Encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours. We also restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who require that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
European Economic Area (EEA) Residents Only
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
Your Rights in Respect Of Your Personal Information
- Right of access. You have the right to obtain:
- Confirmation of whether, and where, we are processing your personal information;
- Information about the categories of personal information we are processing, the purposes for which we process your personal information and information as to how we determine applicable retention periods;
- Information about the categories of recipients with whom we may share your personal information; and
- A copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Right of portability. You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use, or to request the transfer of your personal data to another person.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to obtain rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you without undue delay.
- Right to erasure. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to erase your personal information without undue delay if the continued processing of that personal information is not justified.
- Right to restriction. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to limit the purposes for which we process your personal information if the continued processing of the personal information in this way is not justified, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you.
- Right to object. You have a right to object to any processing based on our legitimate interests where there are grounds relating to your particular situation. There may be compelling reasons for continuing to process your personal information, and we will assess and inform you if that is the case. You can object to marketing activities for any reason.
If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also review and edit the personal information you have submitted to us by logging into your account.
International Transfers of Information
Information, including information collected in the EEA may be transferred, stored and processed by Us and Our service providers in the United States and other countries whose data protection laws may be different than the laws of Your country. We will protect Your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice wherever it is processed and take appropriate steps to protect the information in accordance with applicable laws.
Additional Information / Contact
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy, please send an email to email@example.com